Ferraro resigns from Clinton campaign

Former Democratic Congresswoman Geraldine Ferraro stepped down from her position on Hillary Clinton's campaign finance committee late this evening according to ABC News. Ferraro's racially charged comments about Barack Obama's successes as a Democrat presidential front-runner in the race for his party's nomination this August were at the center of the most recent controversy between the rival camps.

In a written statement to Clinton Ferraro wrote: "Dear Hillary, I am stepping down from your finance committee so I can speak for myself and you can continue to speak for yourself about what's at stake in this campaign. The Obama campaign is attacking me to hurt you. I won't let that happen. Thank you for everything you've done and continue to do to make this a better world for my children and grandchildren. You have my deep admiration and respect, Gerry.”

Don't expect this will quiet the rancor between the Clinton and Obama teams for long. There's enough matter-anti-matter combustion between these two opposing forces to fuel the Star Ship Enterprise.

Don't beam me up just yet Scotty.

Blog Archive