See YOUR HOUSE on Google Maps

This gave me a bit of an eerie feeling. After reading the story on KSL.com, I pulled up Google Maps and typed in my home address and selected Street View. There I saw a full 360 degree view of my entire neighborhood. A recent photo, too, probably last fall judging from the yard and the car in the driveway.

It is truly amazing technology. Click on the arrows to pan around the neighborhood. Click on the street arrows to go for a drive and explore up or down the street, turns corners, keep going. How did they capture all of this?

Does this technology go too far? I'm undecided at the moment. It is very cool, but at the same time feels a little voyeuristic, a little "1984". I wonder who is taking all these pictures and whether they sometimes catch people in them. I'll need to think about this a little more before I can form an opinion.

Blog Archive