Back to Blogging

Since my last post on July 12th of this year noting the untimely passage of Tony Snow I have been overwhelmed by all that has happened in this 2008 election cycle leading up to the the nominations of McCain-Palin for the Pubs and Obama-Biden for the Dems with the battle for who will occupy the Whitehouse only 34 days away. When you couple the fast and furious pace of news on the domestic and foreign fronts hitting with all the subtlety of a firehose I have to confess that I experienced a fair amount of news burnout during this time.

I'm getting back in the fight because I believe this election and the intensity of events we are being bombarded with are like no other in American history and will determine the fate and future of our children and grandchildren but of many untold generations yet to come. Edmund Burke is credited with saying, All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. A oft quoted Chinese curse goes, May you live in interesting times. We certainly live in those times with much gusto. My hope and prayer is to be numbered with the voices of those calling for return to reason and God's favor during a time of mankind's false hope and vexation.

Blog Archive