One more post for Utah Phillips

http://utahphillips.blogspot.com/

This is his son Duncan's blog. If you scroll down a ways, you'll see a letter from Utah written just a couple of weeks ago. I love what he says:

"My body is weak but my will is strong, and I keep my disposition as sunny and humorous as I’m able. It’s hard enough being disabled without being cranky as well. . . Heart disease aside, I find that I have a hernia that needs to be repaired. Someday I suppose I’ll become like Ernie Bierwagen, the old man who owned the orchards outside town. He said to me once, “I know that God wants me to say something, because the only thing I have left that works is my mouth.” But for now, I’m enjoying my life and can think of no good reason not to."
Read on for his chickens and bear story. He never fails to have a story.

Also on this blog read a tribute from Salt Lake's Ken Sanders.

If you have time, go to YouTube and watch all the videos from the 2007 Strawberry Festival. Just fantastic. You'll love his "So long, it's been good to know ya" in the 8th segment.

Blog Archive