2008 Obama Supporter: Hot Dogs and Beans,...is this my new reality?

This is rich. An Obama supporter from the 2008 election airs her summer of discontent on the man who ran on the platform of "Hope and Change".





I'm one of your middle class Americans, and frankly, I'm exhausted.
I'm exhausted of defending you. Defending your administration, defending the
mantle of change that I voted for and deeply dissappointed with where we are
right now. I have been told, that I voted for a man, who said he was going to
change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I'm one of those people
and I'm waiting sir. I'm waiting, and I don't feel it yet.
And I thought
while I don't feel it in a great measure, that I would feel it in some small
measure. I have two children in private school, and the recession has taken
an enormous toll on our family.
My husband and I joked for years that we
thought we were well beyond the hot dogs and beans era of our lives. But quite
frankly it's starting to knock on our door and ring true that that might be
where we are headed again. And quite frankly Mr. President, I need you to
answer us honestly, is this my new reality
?

Blog Archive