Movie Review: Star Trek (No Spoilers)

Let me preface this review by saying that I have been a Star Trek fan since the original TV series in the 60's. Actually, I must have watched it in syndication because I wasn't old enough to remember the series during its original run.

I went to see Star Trek on opening night and it was incredible from beginning to end. Even though the actors were different, it was like being home and was very much like the original TV series but with much better special effects.

The new actors were quite good overall. I was especially pleased with the three main characters Chris Pine (James Kirk), Zachary Quinto (Spock), and Karl Urban ("Bones", Dr. McCoy). I don't want to leave anyone out but I can't list everyone who did a good job. There were only a couple of people who didn't match the acting skills of the others but you can figure those out for yourself.

If you are a Star Trek fan, this is a must see. If you don't know anything about Star Trek, you won't be lost watching this movie and you'll enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Archive