The Baptists are Coming!

Hide the children! Take a vacation! Put up "No Trespassing" signs! Do something!

Nashville will be invaded mid-June by the Southern Baptist Convention. Normally, this isn't a big deal and they tend to have their yahoo time by themselves shut up in a hotel. However, this year when they come back home to headquarters, they're blanketing the city, hitting the streets, and going door-to-door to save souls.

Yes, you heard me, correctly! Baptists will be coming to a home near you this summer!

Here's the full story from our local paper, The Tennessean:
http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/05/03/68028536.shtml?Element_ID=68028536

"On June 18, a Crossover Rally will begin at the Gaylord Entertainment Center. About 10,000 believers will blanket the city, going door-to-door to preach the gospel. " The actual conference runs from June 21-22.

Now, I've already thought about how to handle this. Should I create that "no trespassing" sign and promptly call the police when needed? Should I have fun with it, invite them in, let 'em pray with me, then tell them they've touched a queer and now it will pass down like osmosis to their kids and their grandkids? Should I just carry a sign with me that says "I thought only us queers had to recruit. What are you doing taking away our business?"

Honestly, that is something I don't get. We supposedly recruit, right? Then why do Christians go out and prostelytize? Ummmm, maybe because it's a true CHOICE! We don't choose to be gay so we don't actually recruit. Christians seek out more to bring to the flock. If it's a choice to be a Christian, why do they get civil rights protections and we don't?

Blog Archive